The Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (LLC) is engaged in cross-cultural scholarship, teaching, and service within diverse local and global connections. We participate in foreign language studies consortia (German, Russian) within the UNC distance education system, as well as interdisciplinary programs throughout the College of Arts and Sciences, particularly the International and Global Studies Program. We also offer an exceptional array of study abroad opportunities through the International Programs Center. Online graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department, including four-semester language sequences in German and Spanish, and an Online German Minor program are available to distance learning students across the globe.
- How to register for UNCG distance learning courses: Register Online Now!
- View the current online LLC schedule in French, German, Russian, and Spanish: Class Schedule
- View links to Distance Learning at UNCG: Division of Continual Learning and Distance Learning Courses
Online German Minor
Required: minimum of 15 semester hours.
AOS Codes: U172
The German program provides a variety of online courses for students interested in German language, literature, culture, history, philosophy, music, and art. Online German minors complete five (5) GER courses above GER 102, to include GER 203 and 204 plus nine (9) additional hours, at least six (6) of which must be at the 300 level or higher. All courses are taught fully online. See UNCG Undergraduate Bulletin: Online German Minor.
Online LLC Courses
- View the current online schedule of LLC offerings in French, German, Russian, and Spanish: Class Schedule
- View the current online schedule of UNC language offerings: Foreign Language Courses
UNCG offers study abroad programs in Germany and Austria. For information on UNCG programs abroad, click here or contact the International Programs Center (IPC) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Web site: www.uncg.edu/ipg
Online UNCG Links and Distance Learning Resources
- UNCG’s Division of Continual Learning: DCL Links
- Register for online UNCG Winter Session and Summer Session
- Browse the Open Courseware Consortium outside UNCG: Browse by Language
- UNCG provides free library access to online language training programs in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, free of charge. See TMM program link at: http://library.tellmemore.com.libproxy.uncg.edu/?lid=UNCGLibrar&cc=UNCGLibrar