Online Chinese Dictionaries
- Nciku (free; Chinese to English)
- MDGB Chinese Dictionary (free; Chinese to English, English to Chinese)
- ZDIC (free; Chinese to Chinese, English)
- Brill Chinese Dictionaries Online (requires subscription; for advanced learners)
- Smartphone App: Pleco
Learning Chinese pinyin
Learning Writing Chinese Characters
- 汉字屋 (learning stroke orders)
- Chinese Etymology
- Why there are simplified and traditional characters?
- How to Type in Chinese
Learning Chinese Vocabulary and Grammar
How to Type in Chinese
- Type Help from Reed College (including detailed instructions for Mac and Windows users)
- Popular Chinese Input tools: 搜狗, QQ
How to find something in Chinese
- Search with Chinese keywords via search engines: google, baidu, etc.
- Find video materials: youtube, 优酷, bilibili, etc.
- Chinese social medias: wechat, weibo, qq, etc.
Where to find readings in Chinese
UNCG Scholarships for studying languages:
Scholarships from US government:
Scholarships from other resources: